FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, BUDGETING AND AUDITING OF DONOR FUNDED PROJECTS
Most of the funds advanced by the donor community do not end up being used for the intended purposes. This leads to suspension of the donor funding hence uncompleted projects. This programme is designed to enable those involved with projects (including donor financed projects) to become efficient and effective in the acquisition and utilization of funds for development purposes, using appropriate techniques and application of accounting and finance principles
Participants will be able to:
- Know the accounting principles and procedures in the preparation of financial statements for Donor Funded Projects.
- Analyse and interpret information as contained in financial statements.
- Outline and evaluate the effectiveness of the legal provisions governing the procurement and use of donor funds.
- Prepare and effectively manage implementation of budgets for donor funds.
- Participate more effectively in identifying projects for donor funding.
- Design project proposal formats.
- Monitor and evaluate donor funded projects.
- Fulfill donor funds audit requirements to ensure compliance with standards and methods within existing legal and administrative framework